1 lb. Brussels sprouts
1/4 lb. diced pancetta or smoked applewood bacon
2 tablespoons diced shallots
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1. In a large saute pan, with high heat, melt butter and olive oil.
2. Add Brussels sprouts, stirring to coat with butter and olive oil for 2 minutes.
3. Lower heat to medium, continue stirring for 3 minutes more.
4. Add diced pancetta or bacon to the Brussels sprouts and cook until bacon starts to crisp, about 8 minutes.
5. Add shallots and garlic, cooking for 2 minutes.
6. Add balsamic vinegar to pan, and reduce volume of balsamic vinegar by half.
7. Add chicken broth and turn heat to medium high for 3 minutes. Then strain Brussels sprouts from saute pan and place in a bowl.
8. Continue to reduce remaining mixture and liquid to about 1/4 cup.
9. Return the Brussels sprouts to the pan and reduce heat to low, coating Brussels with balsamic and broth syrup.
10. Move Brussels to serving plate, pour remaining syrup over them, taste, and season with salt and or pepper to your taste.
11. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parsley and just a dash of smoked paprika and enjoy.
© 2015 EpicStyle.com