6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Boil enough water for the tomatoes to be submersed in. Once boiling, turn heat off of water and place tomatoes in for one minute. Remove tomatoes and drain. Remove the skins of the tomatoes with fingers or knife. Once the tomatoes are peeled, cut them in halves and remove the seeds, juice and stem area.
2. Chop up the tomatoes finely. Put tomatoes, garlic, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and vinegar in a bowl and mix. Add the chopped basil and salt & pepper to taste.
3. Cut the baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices. Toast the slices in a pan for 1 minute on each side. Cut 3 scores in each slice. Rub some garlic in the scores and drizzle half a teaspoon of olive oil on each slice.
4. Place bread on a serving platter, olive oil side up. Spoon the tomato mixture on each slice.
5. Top with a sprig of basil, and serve promptly.
© 2014 EpicStyle.com